Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Texas Library Association

I am leaving tomorrow for the the Texas Library Association conference in San Antonio. This is a bit of a luxury for me, since it is really more geared towards public libraries than medical, academic, etc. but I go to step out of my box for a few days. Mixed in with the fun stuff, I do find a few useful sessions. For example, this year, I plan to go to sessions on managing solo libraries, teaching adults, tech trends, and the politics of weeding. But ultimately, this is a way for me to keep a finger in the non-medical library world, just in case I should ever decide to venture back into the world of public libraries.

This year is going to be a lot of fun, as my mother is joining me from Memphis and actually attending the conference (she's not a librarian). We haven't spent any real time alone in many years, so I'm really looking forward to that quality time on top of a great conference!

No comments: